Monday, April 7, 2008

Last minute hysteria

So I'm leaving next Tuesday. Next Tuesday I will rise early, fold my underwear neatly in my suitcase, eat a breakfast high in complex carbs, and leave. I will roll my luggage carefully (so as not to overset the top-heavy things) over my door-jam, load them into my mother's cinnamon-red van, and then I will be gone. My mother will drive me to the nearest airport in the negligent dark of six o'clock, and I will board a shuttle bus with large blue and yellow print on the side that says: Bell-Aire Shuttle. I have always liked blue and yellow together and so I will smile. I might forget to bring cash to tip the driver. I will feel somewhat guilty. And then I will be somewhere else. Seattle to be exact. And in Seattle I will wait on a modern looking black leather seat and wait for the moment when the friendly female voice says: "Now boarding sections A through C, sections A through C please." And I will sit straight for a moment and feel for my carry on, but I am in section D and have to wait. And sometime after all of this drama I will arrive in a large Georgia city and meet my new family. And I will live happily ever after till July when I come home for a few weeks. Amen.

I'm nervous.

3 comments:

Mark said...

So I heard my predictions were correct and you ended up about 30 lb overweight on your luggage.

sarah said...

Yay! I finally reset my password and can log in again!

We miss you, sweetie. Take care and God bless and look ahead to July! ;)

Rebekah said...

Worse than that Mark. I had to take my tennis shoes out at the airport because I was one pound over.

Thanks Sarah--I can't wait!